Sexual Violence & the Criminal Justice Process
Length: 1 day
- Sexual violence legislation
- Police and court process
- Challenges faced by survivors who report
- Information on the Rape Crisis National Advocacy Project
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of relevant legislation
- Describe the police and court process to survivors
- Recognise additional support needs of those who have reported
- Demonstrate an understanding of specialist support available from Rape Crisis
- Anyone who may come into contact with survivors of sexual violence who have reported or are thinking about reporting to the police
- Workers who would like to feel more confident in talking about the legal process - this may include workers from third sector agencies or health and social care, amongst others
For more information or to discuss your organisation's specific training needs, please complete our training request form and our training coordinator will get back to you within three days.
You can also call our office on 01786 439 244.
Speak to us
We want to hear from you. Phone us on 01786 439244 or email us.