Suicide and Self-Harm Awareness
Length: 1 day
- Definitions and prevalence
- Forms of self-harm
- Risk factors for self-harm and suicide
- Interventions and referral routes
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Describe what self-harm is
- Identify the different functions of self-harm
- Recognise risk factors for self-harm and suicide
- Explore some interventions to use with self-harm and suicide
- Anyone who wants to improve their awareness of self-harm and suicide
- Workers who would like to feel more confident and skilled in working with these issues - this may include workers from health and social care and from the criminal justice sector, amongst others
For more information or to discuss your organisation's specific training needs, please complete our training request form and our training coordinator will get back to you within three days.
You can also call our office on 01786 439 244.
Speak to us
We want to hear from you. Phone us on 01786 439244 or email us.