Working with young people to prevent sexual violence
Length: 1 day
- Explorations of gender
- What is sexual violence?
- Forms of sexual violence and the law
- Prevalence and experiences of young people
- The National Sexual Violence Prevention Programme and young people’s participation
- Helpful responses to sexual violence and understanding how legislation applies to your practice
By the end of the course participants will:
- Be able to demonstrate an increased understanding of sexual violence
- Understand why this is a gendered issue and know the law which underpin this
- Be aware of the experiences of young people
- Be aware of what both practitioners and young people say is helpful about prevention education
- Feel more confident in how to integrate current legislation in your practice
- Have a good understanding of the education which is helpful to further the prevention of sexual violence
- Anyone working with young people who are looking to support their knowledge around sexual violence and how to prevent it
- Workers who would like to feel more confident about the legal process and current legislation - this may include workers from third sector agencies or health and social care, amongst others
For more information or to discuss your organisation's specific training needs, please complete our training request form and our training coordinator will get back to you within three days.
You can also call our office on 01786 439 244.
Speak to us
We want to hear from you. Phone us on 01786 439244 or email us.