Length: 1 day
· Definition of trauma & sexual violence
· Type 1 and Type 2 trauma.
· The window of tolerance.
· Stages of going through a traumatic experience in relation to sexual violence
· Neurology and trauma.
· Recognising trauma.
· Recovery from trauma.
By the end of the course participants will be able to;
· Identify the different stages of trauma experienced by survivors
· Be able to describe the neurological impact of trauma
· Recognise and respond to symptoms of trauma
· Develop strategies to support someone to recover from trauma
Aimed at :
Anyone who is working with survivors of sexual violence who would like to increase their understanding of how to support the recovery of those experiencing trauma. This could include GPs, social care workers, police officers, druga and alochol workers, amongst others.