Responding to Disclosures of Rape & Sexual Abuse
Length: 1 day
- Myths and attitudes
- Impact of sexual violence
- Trauma responses
- Adult & child protection
- Rape crisis services
- How to make a referral to rape crisis
By end of the course participants should be able to:
- Understand the impact of sexual violence and identify trauma responses in survivors
- Respond to survivors' disclosures appropriately, empathetically and confidently
- Be able to identify risk factors relating to vulnerable adults and children
- Be able to inform survivors of the service available to them and make a referral
All practitioners who would like to feel more confident in their responses to survivors who disclose sexual violence, including:
- Housing officers
- Drugs and alcohol workers
- Nurses and youth workers
For more information or to discuss your organisation's specific training needs, please complete our training request form and our training coordinator will get back to you within three days.
You can also call our office on 01786 439 244.
Speak to us
We want to hear from you. Phone us on 01786 439244 or email us.